Thursday, October 30, 2008

It's the Final Countdown!

What’s changed since the start of semester?

Well, I’m officially a blogger with a whopping 24 posts. I don’t think I’ll keep it up after semester though; I guess I’m just not a journal keeper. I like the blogs that have a point to them (like this one) and I think the point for my blog is going to run out as soon as semester does. But it was fun while it lasted

I have become more aware of the millions of different things that can be done on, in, and with the internet. More than I could have imagined - it really is a huge place.

I don’t know if my writing has changed: I would say probably not. Maybe it’s been subtly influenced by various things and adapted slightly, but changed is probably too big a word.

I have completed an online unit which reminds me a little bit of the highschool study I did through SIDE (School of Isolated and Distance Education). In both cases a group of geographically spread out people independently study the same thing and then compare notes. In this case there was a lot more interaction, through WebCT and reading the blogs, and I guess we were a bit closer geographically.

However, it does make you realise that a lot of “new” things on the internet (like online study) are just new forms of old ideas.

No comments: